Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update and correction in the News re Shooting

click the above title for the link to the updated article.

It has been a horrendous ten days. I have dealt with a lot of emotions and freaking out dreams. I still see certain images, but I have to say, I did not turn into weeniewoman. I only cried that first day or so and only after the cops left.

I was really surprised at how I stood up for myself with people afterwards.  I have come to the conclusion (finally) that it is ok to be me, exactly as I am and no one has the right to tell anyone how they should act, think or feel.  I have been a doormat for years. I protected myself as best I could, avoided toxic people,  allowed for extra healing time, cried and talked with good friends about what was happening.

It truly is by God's grace that I have stayed sober thru this. It was really stupid of that one officer to tell me "I bet a beer would taste great right now"  Sheesh... funnyman, hope you dont go telling someone with a month sober something that unthinking!

I wont lie, I struggled with some bizzare thoughts that I had not had since early recovery.  Prayer works!

6 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) I'm so glad you stood up for yourself and helped your friend! I hope he has a safe and sppedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ll tell him so. I been praying for the old geezer too. Turns out someone living near the property got enough courage to finally leave today. I took her to a shelter this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy....this sounds really scary!! Glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cindy,

    You've just received the "Beautiful Blogger Award"! To find out about it, visit my blog: http://jewelsbytrish.blogspot.com

    Just copy and paste the award badge from my blog to yours, then list 7 things about yourself & pass it on to 7 other people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. why thanky Trish. It WAS really scary, still having shocky moments. I cant imagine what Steve is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs)) recovery is hard enough without something like this. Take care of YOU!!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete