Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cruelty on a nighttime street

I cannot sleep. Tonight I saw a sad, horrendous site. I do not know why this bothers me so, when I have seen so much violence in my life, but perhaps it is exactly because of that.

Around 830pm I was at a meeting and we were discussing being in a spiritual kindergarten and how little faith is needed to make a start of a new life. I had just shared that it appears that my conception of God was in direct proportion to my relationship with my real father; that I had no real trust and faith for most of my life because I saw God as a mean, punishing God. I was a judgemental, critical, cynical person which reflected in my concept of God. As I have grown in my faith and as a child of God, I have learned to trust Him and others around me.

So tonight was a sad reality of the world around me. A crazed woman high on Meth was right outside the door having a fit. There was a 10 year old boy who witnessed this woman choke a kitten to death for no reason. The police were called and caught her down the road. Thankfully, she is being charged with a felony, so perhaps she will get the help she needs. I am struggling with doing the right thing in praying for this creature, but I cannot do it at this time. Hopefully I will grow more and be a better person soon. All I can remember is the little cat with his tiny tongue sticking out laying in a heap in front of the police car. We gathered him up gently and Michelle will bury him tomorrow. Nameless and but not alone, like so many of God's creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment