Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Do you Sell Out? What is truth to you??

I saw a discussion tonight; it got me to thinking about life and our choices. What I do has so much of an effect on other people but most times I m so selfish I don't think of it at the time. Who am I kidding? Sometimes I dont really think it is that big of a deal, they can cope with my choices cus it's my life and I have a " right" to be me. Truth was relative. People cheat, lie, bend the rules to get ahead. Do I want to serve that master?

I just whip along like a tasmanian devil, wreaking havoc in the lives of those I love with my self-centered thinking. If I want it, I can justify, rationalize and manipulate to get my way. Ultimately, its just fancy words for lying IMO. Sadly, I am guessing I m not that special; I probably am a lot like most people.

Is it ok to break a rule you dont agree with? What about getting a competitive edge? Paying back that boss who stiffed you on a raise? What about the honor system ( trusting that others will abide by the organization's agreements/contracts/TOS)??

I always get bent out of shape when others arent playing "fair". I figured out it is because of the " You Spot It, You got it syndrome". I haven't played fair in my life. However, the past is the past. It is what I do with the future that counts.

This last two years I have faced the reality of who I am: I can understand that it is my sinful human nature that causes many of my defects and misery. Now I can no longer play ostrich. When I do play ostrich, it leaves my ass up in the air for a great big target.

So what to do? Live my life the way God had originally wanted me to do. To live with some manners, respect for others, doing no harm intentionally, making amends where I have done wrongs to others. Praying, keeping my side of the street clean, owning my actions, helping others. That sounds great on paper, in theory, ya might as well tell me I m going to perform with the NYC Ballet next week. This change is impossible without His help IMO. ANd even then, He knows me well enough to know I m going to screw it up yet again. All I can do is live with awareness at this time.

People may doubt what you say, but they will always believe what you do.



I love the lyrics to this Casting Crowns song, I urge you to listen to it as well as read the words.

Slow Fade
Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands
As darkness pulls the strings

Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you
That are sure to follow

It's a slow fade
When you give yourself away
It's a slow fade
When black and white are turned to gray

And thoughts invade, choices are made
A price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day

It's a slow fade
It's a slow fade

Be careful little ears what you hear
When flattering leads to compromises
The end is always near

Be careful little lips what you say
For empty words and promises
Leave broken hearts astray

It's a slow fade
When you give yourself away
It's a slow fade
When black and white are turned to gray

And thoughts invade, choices are made
A price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day

The journey from your mind to your hands
Is shorter than you're thinking
Be careful if you think you stand
You just might be sinking

It's a slow fade
When you give yourself away
It's a slow fade
When black and white are turned to gray

And thoughts invade, choices are made
A price will be paid
When you give yourself away

People never crumble in a day
Daddies never crumble in a day
Families never crumble in a day


http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/casting-crowns-lyrics/slow-fade-lyrics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment